AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Budget per AdGroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning,

Well, I do know that is not possible to set an individual budget for each Adgroup, but also I do think that this would be a huge help.

I'm guessing that you are going to tell me that I should split my campaign in several campaigns, but I think the correct term is "it depends".

For instance, I'm running a campaign oriented to leads. So I've setup a unique campaign, on where I've created several adgroups (I think they are almost 60), each one built to atract different sources of potential leads.

The issue I've in hands, is that in order to control the conversion cost, it would be a huge help if I had the possibility of setting a budget per adgroup, or even add a schedule plan for each one. As this is not possible (at least I'm not finding where to do this), I have to control the conversion cost through the CPC, and well, that damages my CTR and even my Conversion rate.

Do you have any ideas of how can I do this? (If your comments were anything besides "turn each adgroup in a independent campaign, it would be great)

Thank you very much in advance.

Looking forward for your inputs.

Best Regards,

Tiago.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiagoAlmeida
September 2015

Re: Budget per AdGroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Tiago,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I must say that our Community is filled with many innovators like you, but I am afraid we don't have the direct settings to control budget at ad group level.

But you have great suggestion and you can contact Adwords to provide your feedback. Everybody knows Google is so innovative, so we might expect things to happen in future.

Apart from this I can suggest you to go through the Automated Rules, which are excellent while doing some of the automation processes inside our Adwords account. If I am not mistaken, you do have the option to pause the ad groups if they reach some particular cost as per the rule. See this for details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiagoAlmeida
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Tiago,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I must say that our Community is filled with many innovators like you, but I am afraid we don't have the direct settings to control budget at ad group level.

But you have great suggestion and you can contact Adwords to provide your feedback. Everybody knows Google is so innovative, so we might expect things to happen in future.

Apart from this I can suggest you to go through the Automated Rules, which are excellent while doing some of the automation processes inside our Adwords account. If I am not mistaken, you do have the option to pause the ad groups if they reach some particular cost as per the rule. See this for details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pankaj,
I'll take a look at what you have pointed.

As soon as I'm able to figure if that will help, I'll give you feedback.

Tiago

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Tiago,

I think you can use Conversion Optimizer because this option help you to get maximum conversions. To use this feature you just need to set your amount which you want to pay per conversion by specifying either a Maximum Cost-per-acquisition (CPA) or a Target CPA for each ad group.

Here you can specify a maximum CPA bid or a Target CPA bid for your each ad group in your campaign. Max. CPA bid means that how much you are willing to pay for each conversion(lead/ purchase/ signup). By using this option most of you bids will be less whatever maximum amount you have set.

On other side if you will use Target CPA bid option then you have to set the average amount which you'd like to pay for a conversion. Some bids can be high this target and some will be low, but altogether, the cost per conversion should average to the Target CPA you set.

For more detail kindly visit below link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472713

Just a thought!

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anchal,
It seems nice!

Well, both were great suggestions.
I'll "study" the options and then share with you my thoughts.

Thank you!

Tiago

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well,
As you might imagine I haven't tested (yet) any of the options.

Despite that I've spent a bit of time reading material about them.

I've really liked the CPA model, on which I had very little knowledge about. That will allow to set the maximium you want to pay for each conversion, and then you let the "system" work for you.
I'm a bit afraid of it, because in my mind I think I'll loose lots of impressions and clicks.

Concerning the automated rules, I think that for my problem this might be a bit more usefull. Setting for instance that if the conversion rate for any of the adgroups is above 20%, the "system" can increase the CPC in +10% or +20%.
On the other hand, you can set the exact opposite situation.

Thank you both for your support, but this time I think I'll stick with Pankaj suggestion. Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Tiago.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You have to make one ad group per campaign and set the budget for the campaign where you have the particle adgroup. You can for example use adwords editor to copy your existing campaign as many times as separat adgroups you need. Delete all adgroups except one, for which to set budget, in the new campaign and paus the copied adgroups in the campaign you had from the beginning. // Thomas http://www.effektivahemsidor.se/ Sweden

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @TiagoAlmeida to be honest, I'm a little confused.  The solution to this "problem" is, as you've said yourself, to use separate Campaigns.  The need for control over budget and scheduling are in themselves indications that you need a Campaign object.

So, the real question is, why don't you want to split into separate Campaigns when we all know this is the best option?

With respect to @pankaj1782, I doubt AdWords will introduce Ad Group level budgets any time soon because there's no need to do so.  If you want to control budgets separately, you split into separate Campaigns.  Simple.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Budget per AdGroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sure, I am late to this party. Just just to write it down. 

I would use Automatic Rules

Greater then = $30 (pause)

Less then = $30 (enable)

It works swiftly

Hope this helps

Mayank Bhargava

Budget per AdGroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mayank B, the only problem with this is that the Automation runs at a specific time that you define. If your ad group has already spent $100 before or after the specified time then damage still gets down.