AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Budget is low, should I disable display network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My budget is $5/day, should I disable display network, just focusing on google search?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Budget is low, should I disable display network?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, for a small budget, focus on search advertising only.  Two ways to do this:

1) Opt out of both display network and search partners (Effectively choosing Google search only).

OR

2) Opt out of display network and then block parked domains (or else you'll run domains ads in the search network which is not quite search advertising).

NOTE: Only option 1 is pure search.  Even with option 2, some of the ads on the search partners network do not involve actual searches (such as directory listings).  But, you might find you want many of the search partners which are actually search engines.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lukelee

This all depends on what sort of traffic you want and how you want to attract them.

I would recommend splitting our campaigns so they you have separate search and display campaigns.

If you've only got a small budget I'd recommend search as the users are actively looking for your products. With display they are passive rather than active.

So on a small budget I would recommend search, but depends on how you want to do it really.

Cheers
Kane

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would say YES

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It depends a lot on how much you´re paying per click on Google search ads. Can you give us a hint?

Spontaneously I´d say yes you should focus on Google search, because you want really efficient targeting with that small budget. BUT there are ways to get really efficient targeting in the display network as well, and one of the most efficient is to use remarketing, which I´d suggest you set up in case you have enough traffic (organic + paid) on your website. You can use text and/or image ads and pay per click or impressions. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lukelee,

Before you make any decision I would ask you this, were you already running search and display campaigns? If so, how was the performance of your campaigns on each individual networks? If your campaigns did well on the display network as compared to the search network, then choose display network. However, if search network outperformed the display network, then you should stick to search. Also, while judgeing the performance, look at the quality of leads as well as.

If you starting your campaigns fresh, then I would recommend that you start with the search network. Search Network is always a good platform to start with. You can always create new campaigns for display later to test their performance.

-Neeti

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

Add this $5/day to your search campaign budget.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, for a small budget, focus on search advertising only.  Two ways to do this:

1) Opt out of both display network and search partners (Effectively choosing Google search only).

OR

2) Opt out of display network and then block parked domains (or else you'll run domains ads in the search network which is not quite search advertising).

NOTE: Only option 1 is pure search.  Even with option 2, some of the ads on the search partners network do not involve actual searches (such as directory listings).  But, you might find you want many of the search partners which are actually search engines.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Completely agree with Richard. For a small budget, opt out of the Display network and the Search Partners too!

The Search Network is used by people actively searching for your product. Thus it gives you a higher chance to drive users who are ahead in the buying cycle and are most willing to purchase from you.

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!