AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Budget Management Script

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for a script that can look across multiple campaigns, aggregate total spend during a month and then pause those campaigns once a certain spend amount is hit. 

For instance, if I have 5 campaigns with a shared budget of $10,000. Once the total spend across those 5 campaigns hits $10,000, the script would pause all 5 campaigns. I was thinking that if I apply a label to these campaigns, that a script could look at the campaigns with that label, check the total spend, and then run as necessary. However, I do not know if this is possible as I have not worked with scripts before.

A couple notes:

- I've tried automated rules, but I've only seen those run on a campaign by campaign basis.

- I do not want to use a shared budget, as I want to keep managing daily budgets at a campaign level.

I appreciate any help/advice.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Budget Management Script

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Sean, 

There are Shared Budget Scripts out there and an expert like @Jon_Gritton would be the best person to speak with regarding this. Some scripts you can find for free others may cost you. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Budget Management Script

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Budget Management Script

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sean G,

If I could add to the dialog here. While I have not explored every option available through scripts what I have used doesn't pause the campaigns, it spreads the budget out over a month, across campaigns (based on a predetermined % of total budget allocation), editing the budgets daily so eventually, at the end of the month, your target monthly budget is met.

The issue with the pausing of campaigns is that you'd have to be running your scripts non-stop to find the perfect point to pause everything.  While it may not be impossible, I believe that this is the challenge that most people face when trying to accomplish this.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Budget Management Script

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Perhaps, I'm looking at the script wrong (I have little experience with them), but I don't think this does exactly what I'm looking for. It seems as it works on a campaign level. I need the script to look across multiple campaigns, not just individual ones.