AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Broad match in search terms report despite not having broad match keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with few accounts: We use only Exact, Phrase & Broad Match Modified keywords (with all words modified with "+", e.g. "+rent +desk +ny").  Our search term report often shows broad match type between keyword and search term. Can you please help me understand why it happens? It doesn't even seem to fit all words in BMM keywords - so it shouldn't trigger ads. 

I understand that broad match in search term report should only show if my keyword match type is broader than the search term.

It doesn't seem to be the case.

Please advice,

Thank you,

Marta

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @marta k,

Any search query which triggered your ads through any relevant BMM keyword match type will be shown as broad match type by the system. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Thank you. Can you please explain why so I know what to do with it? Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marta k
April

Re: Broad match in search terms report despite not having broad match keywords

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The system considers only 3 match types: 

Broad, Phrase and Exact.

Hence, BMM is categorized under broad match type.

match types.JPG

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The difference between BMM and "classic broad " is just synonyms which are NOT matched to BMM. 

Any other variant of BMM KW could be matched to a query.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’