AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there I am kind of new to adwords so need a bit of help in understanding more about broad match.

Say I sell football boots and I sell many different brands of football boots e.g.  Nike football boots, Puma football boots, Addidas Football  boots, etc etc.  So in setting up an adgroup for football boots, could I just have the keyword 'football boots' as broad match and then if anyone searches for a specific brand of football boots "nike football boots" then the add will show because of broad match.  I am hoping that having football boots as broad match will mean that I don't have to add all the brand keywords?

Cheers

Brain

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Broad Match Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

Your ads may appear for brand related keywords if you have the generic term 'football boots' in broad match.

But please be aware that the same keyword will trigger your ad for a search query like - 'used football boots' or 'football boot care tips'

So adding the broad match may help you to reduce the number of keywords but it will spend your budget on irrelevant search queries too.

And there is another problem with just using broad match.

If you are using only the broad match keywords then you will only be able to write generic ad copies with that ad group.

If you have brand specific keywords in seperate ad groups, you can write brand specific ads for each ad group. This will increase your CTR and reduce your cost in the long run.

So please create brand specific tightly themed ad groups with brand specific ad copies.

Hope this helps,

Info

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

Your ads may appear for brand related keywords if you have the generic term 'football boots' in broad match.

But please be aware that the same keyword will trigger your ad for a search query like - 'used football boots' or 'football boot care tips'

So adding the broad match may help you to reduce the number of keywords but it will spend your budget on irrelevant search queries too.

And there is another problem with just using broad match.

If you are using only the broad match keywords then you will only be able to write generic ad copies with that ad group.

If you have brand specific keywords in seperate ad groups, you can write brand specific ads for each ad group. This will increase your CTR and reduce your cost in the long run.

So please create brand specific tightly themed ad groups with brand specific ad copies.

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Info,

This is very helpfull information.

Thank you very much indeed.

Regards

Brain