AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I need a small confirmation about Google AdWords Broad Modifier Match type. I have a keyword like +luxury cars in +Dubai. Is it eligible to trigger for the query luxury life in Dubai or luxury Dubai

In the first query, the words "luxury" and "Dubai" will satisfies the BMM algorithm. But will Google treat "life" is closely relevant for "cars"?

In the second query, I have only 2 words "luxury" and "Dubai" and no other supporting words for "Cars". Will my keyword eligible to trigger for second search query?

Thanks,

Karim SK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karimulla S
September 2015

Re: Broad Match Modifier

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Karim,

The answer is no but the reason why the keyword will the trigger the ad is because the query fulfills the broad match criteria.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Karim,

I think both the keywords luxury life in Dubai and luxury Dubai will trigger the ad. As per broad match modifier, the algorithm will see the presence of luxury and Dubai in search query to show the ad.

If you do not want this keywords to show the ads then add + to cars as well or you can try adding negative keywords.

Thanks,
Rahul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
But will Google treat "life" is closely relevant for "cars"?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karimulla S
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Karim,

The answer is no but the reason why the keyword will the trigger the ad is because the query fulfills the broad match criteria.

Thanks,
Rahul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Rahul,

Thanks for the details.

Thanks,
Karim SK.