AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am new with Adwords, so my question may appear quite simple or even stupid, pls never mind~~~~Smiley Happy

I have a simple question about BMM: I set a keyword +altima +headligths, here my question is, will nissan altima projector headlights trigger my ads? Or if anyone can provide me with more examples which may trigger my ads with this BMM keyword....

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor S
September 2015

Re: Broad Match Modifier

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Victor,

Is there typo mistake in +altima +headligths. Should it be +altima +headlights

Yes, nissan altima projector headlights will trigger +altima +headligths

Even if there is above spelling mistake, it will trigger the ad, as it triggers for close variants(Close variations include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations and accents) as well.

Yesterday only, there was a post related to BMM, I have answered it with examples-

You can refer here-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Keyword-Match-Type/td-p/150452/page/2

Further more useful read could be-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps!

SJ

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Victor,

Is there typo mistake in +altima +headligths. Should it be +altima +headlights

Yes, nissan altima projector headlights will trigger +altima +headligths

Even if there is above spelling mistake, it will trigger the ad, as it triggers for close variants(Close variations include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations and accents) as well.

Yesterday only, there was a post related to BMM, I have answered it with examples-

You can refer here-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Keyword-Match-Type/td-p/150452/page/2

Further more useful read could be-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps!

SJ

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi

A quick addition: If you want to be precise / particular with the small details,  keeping uniformity of terms,  we commonly say that a keyword matches a search query, and the latter (the keyword)  triggers an ad;

So, the sequence is the following: query ---->matches a keyword --->triggers an ad;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Victor,

Yes, BMM will work in that case which you framed and i also agree with the SJAdwiser answer completely...

Apart from this as you said you just got started with Adwords. I think You Should also know what is Keywords Quality Score and What are Negative Keywords..

Above two Topics are really very important to Achieve the ROI in Cost effective way..

Just a thought!

Frank

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

It´s hard to be absolutely sure about what Google counts as a synonym, misspelling or grammatical form. I´ve seen cases where singular from of keywords has´nt triggered an ad when search query used plural form.

If you wanna be sure, try the diagnosis tool (yeah, I know that can be hard to do on scale).

To some extent it´s also a questions of a quantitative grades.

"Pleas" might be a form of "Please". But what about "Pease", "Peas", "Splease", "sleasp"...?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi SJAdWiser,

Yes there is a typo mistake, it should be +altima +headlights

Thanks for the advice, helped a lot! I gonna work on the match types and figure out which fits my campaign most, thanks!