AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Brand name Conversion rate decrease

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I would like to discuss with you guys the factors causing decrease of conversion rate about brand name keywords, (landing page is home page) Here is my answer:

1. Quality of website( loading time,payment process etc)

2. Change of structure of website

3. Season factors (whether, leaves, festival etc)

4. Intention of customers

5. Other channels' influence (newsletter or rmkt)

What do you think ? feel free to point out your opinion

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Brand name Conversion rate decrease

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Han,

I like this brainstorm :-) here are three more thoughts -

6. Special offer / discount on the landing page (and AdWords ad) to those who will convert....

7. A special promotion on the same product / services of your competitors
8. PR (social media / news / etc) - might get more curios traffic, but not your "target audience" 

Cheers,

Asaf

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Han,

Although brand terms are "special", the reasons for a change in their performance are largely the same as the reasons for a change in performance of any other term - average position change, competition, changes to the market, changes to the site, etc.

If it's conversion rate change that's the problem, the two key elements here are the number of potential buyers who buy, and the number of visitors who have no intention to buy.  For example, if your branded products can now be bought more cheaply elsewhere, that would decrease the number of sales from potential buyers.  Alternatively, if your company recently appeared in an news article, you may be receiving more clicks on brand terms from people with no intention to buy.

Bear in mind that conversion rate is primarily influenced by factors of the website and/or brand itself, not AdWords.  The only real impact AdWords can have is in Ad relevancy and landing pages so if these haven't changed you'll need to look outside AdWords for the answer.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I agree with above answers and I think competition in one major factor that specially affect brand campaigns.

As Cobnut said in a event of competition you need to analyze your external environment and see what your competitors do! If you are not up to the game you are fighting a loosing battle

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much for replying promptly Asaf !

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon, I totally agree what you have mentioned, thank you so much !