AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bogus number on my adwords ad ?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed today on the google search results that my adwords ad is showing an 877 number that does not belong to our business, the number is being shown as an extesnion and that number is not a number in any of our ad extensions on our campaigns. Somehow, someone has placed an 877 phone number in our ads and it is not us. How to get rid of it,????

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bogus number on my adwords ad ?????

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello riverfisher,

Welcome to the community.

This is most likely the Google forwarding phone number that has been assigned to that particular ad group. Anyone calling that number will be diverted to your business number.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see, thank you. I did notice in the extensions that it said call forwarding under the number. This makes me feel better. Is there a way to remove the call forwarding and just have it display our number? Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem riverfisher.

If you were to target just smartphones then you would use your own business number but when targeting all devices the forwarding number is required.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way of tracking calls with this number?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

If you go to the Dimensions tab of your account and select the Phone Calls option from the menu, that's where you see data on tracked calls.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*