AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Regarding the Bidding Strategy, please advise me which method would be successful for a better conversion, shall i use the enhanced bidding which controlled by google, or the best is to use the Manual Bidding, and if i control the bidding manually, how can i manage it for a better performance. Please help as i have spent much dollars, but i got only clicks in return without any conversions during the last 30 days. Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bidding Query

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hamdi,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I usually prefer manual bidding with enhanced CPC. But I do not start with ECPC till the campaign has enough conversions. 

The best advisable approach for you would be to optimize your campaigns for conversions first, work with keywords, refer to search query reports, find negs, add them, tweak ad copies and landing pages, , and watch competitors. Once you start getting conversions, get ahead with ECPC. 

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Hamdi,

Welcome to adwords community!
I will suggest you to use automatic bidding can be a good way for a beginner advertiser if you are. Manual bidding provides you more control but it required experience. ECPC has generally been good ,But it won't necessarily work for all businesses, all Accounts because Enhanced CPC depends on your past results. When it "sees" some query that converted before in higher % than other, it bids higher so you get that user on your site.

Unfortunately there is no clear cut answer for this question, As I am not aware what type of business you are promoting via adwords it's very hard to say which technique is much effective for you.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hello Hamdi F,
enhanced CPC might help you or it doesn't have to. This is something you have to test.

If people click a lot, but there are no conversions that means something might be wrong with your landing page - people might not get what they were looking for/what they were told in your ad/there can be some problem maybe in shopping process - customers cannot finish their order, Cannot add product to a cart etc.
What is your CTR?

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Kandarp & Ratan for your replies
I am working in the Travel Industry. Also please clarify if i have chosen to control my bid manually with the option of "Focus on Clicks". What is the difference for a better ad performance between the strategies "Focus on Clicks" and "Focus on Conversions"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Alex
My CTR between 1% & 1.4%. Also my landing page experience is fine. In the beginning i was working on the keyword mach type "Broad match", and i found this bring some fake clients which are not related to what i am advertising according to their search query. Than i switched to the broad match modifier, but i got less impression and less clicked which affected onto a lower converted clicks. I am trying to find a solution for my Ads to get more conversion. NB: We are online travel agent.
Thanks for your help

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Hamdi,

Focusing on clicks means Adwords will try to get the maximum number of clicks for your ads which can be possible in your existing campaign setup. 

On the other hand, while focusing for conversion AdWords tries to get you maximum number of conversions for your Target/Maximum CPA. 

Google says, the goal of Conversion Optimizer is to get you the most conversions given your cost-per-acquisition (CPA) goals. Rather than focusing on clicks (CPC) or impressions (CPM), Conversion Optimizer focuses on maximizing conversions.

CPA model works based on your conversion history. So, you should have enough conversions in the campaign before you can use this feature (focus for conversion). 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Hello Hamdi F,
I would definitely work on increasing CTR, which is not that high for search campaigns.
Broad match is something you don't want to use in 95% of cases. Don't know your account structure, but try to keep your ad groups theme tight with keywords. For different keywords, use different ad groups, different and more specific ads. If your landing experience is fine, then try to improve CTR, get more customers to your website to increase amount of conversions.