AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bid used while learning

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

What bids are used in auctions while the flexible bid strategy is in learning mode?

Former manual CPC?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bid used while learning

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

It must use the flexible bid only as a flexible bid strategy shows this status when any change has been made to the strategy. Adwords gather the performance data during this time period, still working the the same bid strategy adjusting the changes to meet the target CPA or ROAS goal.

Most probably it is due to:

New Strategy- A strategy was either recently created or reactivated.

Budget Change- The budget was recently changed.

Setting Change- One of the settings for your bid strategy was changed.

Composition- Campaigns, ad groups, or keywords have been added to or removed from your bid strategy.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand it uses the bid strategy applied, but if that strategy is in learning mode, that should it doesn´t have enough data to apply most rational bid based on data because data is insufficient. So what bid on what rational would it then apply?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
As I am not sure about this so, let's wait for any expert advise. But I think it will apply only the flexible bid not the manual.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’