AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bid change respon time in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does anyone knows how fast Adwords react to bid changes ? Basically, I am writing a Script to dynamically change my bids (through the bid multiplier) to adapt my bids in real time (although this has nothing to do with RTB). And I would like to know how long does it takes adwords to take it into account and increase for real my bid for the next impression ? Is it truly immediate or is there a X min lag (and if yes, how much is it ? is there a precise number of minutes, a max or a ballpark estimation ?) ?

It would help a lot should you have an answer on that !

Many thanks guys !

John

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bid change respon time in adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hey John, I am not sure what the official time is but I can change my bids and have it effect the position in minutes. So I would assume that it is relativity fast.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thks for sharing. But I would be looking for an accurate answer should it exist in addition to this valuable ballpark estimation.

@Eric Gehler would you have an answer ? You already very well replied to a previous quetion, should you have any elements on that it would be perfect !

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @John D

The response time for bid changes affect from next impression, we are using lots of automation tools for bidding, every time we run a script, we have seen immediate change in adwords accounts.

I hope you got the answer.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
@john D
I don't work with scripts much so I am not a resource for that information, sorry. The poster above seems to have experience and has replied.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi all,

Quick update! I checked with our tech team, and they said that bid changes take effect as follows:

Within 1 hour for Search campaigns
Within 24 hours for Display campaigns

So it is not going to be immediate.

Hope this helps clear up confusion.
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @CassieH Cassie, Many thanks for this answer !

However, many guys told me that it was supposedly almost in real time. Do you know if this within 1 hour is the minimum time a bid change take to be effective, or is this the maximum time and is on average much quickier ?

Many thanks !

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi John D,

As mentioned by CassieH, it is the maximum Time taken to take effect.
Though I think it may take effect in 5 minutes or any time duration but max. 1 hour for search and 24 hours for display campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi John,

Archit is correct--there is no official average time that bid changes take effect, since it depends on a number of factors, can vary by day, etc. These are the maximums.

Cassie

Bid change respon time in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

It is still the case today about

"Within 1 hour for Search campaigns
Within 24 hours for Display campaigns"

?

thanks