AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bid change respon time in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does anyone knows how fast Adwords react to bid changes ? Basically, I am writing a Script to dynamically change my bids (through the bid multiplier) to adapt my bids in real time (although this has nothing to do with RTB). And I would like to know how long does it takes adwords to take it into account and increase for real my bid for the next impression ? Is it truly immediate or is there a X min lag (and if yes, how much is it ? is there a precise number of minutes, a max or a ballpark estimation ?) ?

It would help a lot should you have an answer on that !

Many thanks guys !

John

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bid change respon time in adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hey John, I am not sure what the official time is but I can change my bids and have it effect the position in minutes. So I would assume that it is relativity fast.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thks for sharing. But I would be looking for an accurate answer should it exist in addition to this valuable ballpark estimation.

@Eric Gehler would you have an answer ? You already very well replied to a previous quetion, should you have any elements on that it would be perfect !

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @John D

The response time for bid changes affect from next impression, we are using lots of automation tools for bidding, every time we run a script, we have seen immediate change in adwords accounts.

I hope you got the answer.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
@john D
I don't work with scripts much so I am not a resource for that information, sorry. The poster above seems to have experience and has replied.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi all,

Quick update! I checked with our tech team, and they said that bid changes take effect as follows:

Within 1 hour for Search campaigns
Within 24 hours for Display campaigns

So it is not going to be immediate.

Hope this helps clear up confusion.
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @CassieH Cassie, Many thanks for this answer !

However, many guys told me that it was supposedly almost in real time. Do you know if this within 1 hour is the minimum time a bid change take to be effective, or is this the maximum time and is on average much quickier ?

Many thanks !

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi John D,

As mentioned by CassieH, it is the maximum Time taken to take effect.
Though I think it may take effect in 5 minutes or any time duration but max. 1 hour for search and 24 hours for display campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi John,

Archit is correct--there is no official average time that bid changes take effect, since it depends on a number of factors, can vary by day, etc. These are the maximums.

Cassie

Bid change respon time in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

It is still the case today about

"Within 1 hour for Search campaigns
Within 24 hours for Display campaigns"

?

thanks