AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bid Adjustment Related

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Suppose we have a campign in which 3 of our keywords getting maximum clicks between 03:00 pm- 06:00 pm. What settings we can do to increase bidding of those three keywords between 03:00 pm- 06:00 pm. Also i want keywords bidding automatically changed after 3-6pm.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bid Adjustment Related

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Moonis

Im not sure whether you can change keyword bid adjusments only in few keywords on specific time period but you can defenetly do this on campaign level. Please have a look in this article for more information 

Bid Adjustment 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moonis

Adding my inputs here, you can run automated rules on those 3 keywords only to increase the bid at 3PM and again revert them at 6PM. Just make the two following automated rules: -

1. Increase bid at 3PM

# Go to the keyword level and select the keywords for which you want to increase the bid.
# Click on Automate button and select "change max. cpc bids when" option.
# Select Automatic action to "Increase Bid and enter the % amount that you want to increase the bid( for e.g. 20% if you want to increase the bid to $12 for current $10 bid).
# In requirement Go the performance and select impressions.
# Keep the condition to Impressions>=1(enter "1" in field).
# In Frequency select Daily, 3PM in hour drop down menu using the data from "same day".
# Name it as per your convenience(increase bid).

2. Decrease bid at 6PM:-

# Go to the keyword level and select the keyword for which you want to decrease the bid.
# Click on Automate button and select "change max. cpc bids when" option.
# Select Automatic action to "Decrease Bid and enter the % amount that you have increased
# In requirement Go the performance and select impressions.
# Keep the condition to Impressions>=1(enter "1" in field).
# In Frequency select Daily, 6PM in hour drop down menu using the data from "same day".
# Name it as per your convenience(Decrease bid).

img6.JPG 

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, make sure to preview the results before you actually implement the automated rules. It's always a good practice to Preview anything which you do before making it live as a word of caution Smiley Happy

Apart from this, if you are really a tech savvy, you might want to deep dive into AdWords scripts as well and experiment with them to automate any other changes if you want in future: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188712?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Abhishek,

You replied my question in SIMPLE & EASY to UNDERSTAND way. Really want to say Thanks a lot.

But still i am little bit confued about "Requirements" option where you said me to select impression. How it will work? Are your saying by seeting up this option  to Google, when we have X number of impressions them Activate the rule otherwise keep my keyword bid in normal mode?

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moonis

Look at the snapshot attached with previous post. Their you have third option of requirements, where you have to select impression and enter 1 in the field. Yes, we telling Google that if we have X number of impressions using the data from same day than activate the rules.

I hope this helps!

Abhishek