AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Best way to find missing keywords across campaigns organized by geos and add the missing keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the best way to find missing keywords across campaigns/adgroups organized by geos and add the missing keywords?  Looking to create a template to make this process easier or find a tool that will help.  Currently 1 geo has more keywords than others in several campaigns (due to optimizations, SQRs, etc.) and we want to make sure we have an even coverage of keywords across all campaigns, geos, and match types.

Best way to find missing keywords across campaigns organized by geos and add the missing keywords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Cady M,

Not sure what you mean by missing keywords? Do you mean keywords that are not in your campaigns i.e new opportunities? Or geo keywords that are not in the correct place?

With geo-based keywords and campaigns, AdWords Editor with some help from Excel is the way to go. You can easily search, find, replace and copy and then import the template into Editor. This will also mean you can create a template easily and you can apply it across multiple accounts.

Although I don't have an exact match for you (no pun intended) I did create this simple tool in excel for creating BMM keywords which is very useful for location based terms. Hope it's useful. 

https://alrobertsdigital.com/manager-tools/

Smiley Happy

Re: Best way to find missing keywords across campaigns organized by geos and add the missing keyword

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Cady,

I would first use AdWords Editor to find out where keywords are missing using the Find Duplicates tool. You can search keywords in exact order and match type across all the campaigns for all the geographies. You'll be able to see which campaigns are missing certain keywords.

duplicate keyword tool.png

This isn't the template route you were looking for since it won't be able to automatically add the missing keywords to the appropriate countries, but at least it helps you know what's missing.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Abbie R! Some geos like the US for example, have more keywords than other geos like Mexico.  So we want to make sure that each geo has the same keywords across it.  The problem is we have many different geos, campaigns, and ad groups and they vary in keyword coverage. My first thought was to do a vlookup but it's getting kind of messy.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Joe Martinez! If we only had a few keywords, campaigns, and geos I think this would be a good route.  However we have thousands and thousands of keywords so I think this might be a little tedious? Thoughts?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just updated my response hope that might help? Smiley Happy You could combine that spreadsheet with an account template in excel and do some magical things...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Abbie R!  I'm going to check it out!