AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Best practice GMAIL; GDN and GSP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a question on how I could best run my Gmail campaigns on GDN. I already decide due to the different targeting methods (or at least the outcome) I'd like to run to run my Gmail placement campaigns separately, however now I'm not sure whether I should create duplicate campaigns. 

I'm thinking about the following possibilities:
- One Gmail campaign with both GSP ads as normal ads. Then just let them run and decide pick the winning banners by ad group.

- Two Gmail campaigns. One for GSP and with the normal ads. And treat them completely differently. 

The reason why I'm doubting is because the completely different set up of ads and that in GSP the client is required to take an additional stap (collapsed ad, expanded ad, landing page instead of banner, landing page).

So I can imagine just for a lead they're more expensive, but I can also imagine that the leads are bc of this of higher quality.

Anyway, I don't have a specific question, but it's my first try as GSP is just opened up to the public yesterday. But I'm sure there a lot of people out here who had they're account whitelisted and already know more. So before picking any of them I was wondering if any of you have some interesting insights/advice.

Thanks in advance,

Bram 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram D
September 2015

Re: Best practice GMAIL; GDN and GSP

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bram D;

Could you elaborate on  "One Gmail campaign with both GSP ads as normal ads"?

GSP (now known as Gmail ads) has an interactive format which is different than a banner. This is s different type of an ad.

So, I would recommend a separate Gmail campaign.

Read more:

Showing Gmail ads

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bram D;

Could you elaborate on  "One Gmail campaign with both GSP ads as normal ads"?

GSP (now known as Gmail ads) has an interactive format which is different than a banner. This is s different type of an ad.

So, I would recommend a separate Gmail campaign.

Read more:

Showing Gmail ads

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Moshe,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, what I mean is targeting Gmail as a placement on the GDN with Image Ads/Text ads etc and the GSP ad formats (collapsed/expended), but it seems like you already answered my question and I came to the same conclusion.

Thank you,
Bram

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
OK, great, thanks for the update.
Come back after the campaigns have run for some time, and update us about the performances. It is interesting.