AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Best Practices and Setting Up of Product Listing Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am actually trying to get in contact with someone who can help with my product listing ads.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Practices and Setting Up of Product Listing Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

PLAs is a great feature to target your products using Google Merchant Center Account. 

Few things which you should be knowing before creating these ads are:

1. You have to link your Merchant Center account with Google Adwords campaigns where you want to create PLA ads.

2. PLAs don't work with the keywords like a regular search campaign. However, it totally depends upon the product feed which you upload inside the Google Merchant Center account.

3. There are some mandatory product feed attributes which you have to include otherwise you will have issues with the feed and approval process.

4. You can add negative keywords in a PLA campaign in order to prevent ads showing for queries you don't want Google to match them.

Read this article for more insights on how to create a PLA campaign:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456103

Also read this one to see how you can create and upload product feeds:

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188494#other

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Re: Best Practices and Setting Up of Product Listing Ads

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Great ideas from Pankaj there! 

I'd only add that you can also see the terms that triggered your PLA to show by running the Search Terms Report. For ease of reporting, it does help to have your PLAs in a separate campaign to your regular text ads. 

Hope this helps!

A.