AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Below first page bid but actually showing in first place ,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I market a very specific keyword 

First day , 0,3 USD 

Adwords said : not in the first page you have to pay 0,5

Second day , I pay 0,5 USD 

Adwords said : not in the first page you have to pay 0,70 

Third day : I pay 0,70 

etc etc never satisfy for a complete stupid keyword 

competitors ? 2 not even 3 

but the funny thing is , it is not true , when I type the keyword now , I am in first position but inside google adwords tell me " you are not in the first page bid " pay X 

What's wrong with adwords 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Below first page bid but actually showing in first place ,

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
System is slow sometimes to update, and you did the right thing to check your Live Preview Tool. If you are getting impressions and results at the position you are then you may be fine.
BUT:
You may want to check your Impression share rank to see if competition is falling off or your are not getting the full share of impression for your bid:
Tracking impression share:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Re: Below first page bid but actually showing in first place ,

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

Once you have set a bid for a keyword i would suggest you wait for 2-3 days and check its performance and position before you go ahead and optimize it again. This is something I follow as best practice as it has helped me understand the performance of my keyword themes in much more detail over time.

It also allows me understand the sweet spot where my keywords perform the best by experimenting with my bids over a period of time, take my learnings and apply the same moving ahead.

Other than this, i would suggest you also check out 'Auction Insight Reports' in your accounts to get a better perspective on your competition and where you are on the SERP for your keyword themes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"