AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Banners in HTML5

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all -

I have read that Google recommends migrating Flash banners to ones that are HTML5 compliant.

They also recommend using the Swiffy convertor in order to convert FLASH to JAVASCRIPT banners.

I have couple of question regarding this:

1. If i use Swiffy, then i get as a result an HTML document containing Javascript code rendering the banner. Can i use this HTML document as the banner itself?

2. Does Google handle the case where it shouldn't publish an SVG banner in Android 2 (since it doesn't support SVG) ?

Regards,

Yossi

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Banners in HTML5

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Yossi, 

I am happy to help provide some clarification here. If you are interested in running Flash ads within AdWords, we only accept .SWF files per our image ads policy. If you are running ads via third-party ad serving, the requirements are a bit different but even so we do not accept an HTML document as the banner itself. You can find our requirements for 3rd party ad serving here

Because of rendering issues, Google does not support Flash mobile image ads at this time, so you an SVG banner would not display on an Android device or be accepted by AdWords. If you are currently planning on running Flash ads, its best to set these up within a campaign targeting only desktops and tablets and uploading the ads as a .SWF file. I hope this helps!

Juliana S.  

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
results are bit changed as flash conversion to html5 but its better to convert your images html5 for better understand specially for android.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Yossi, 

I am happy to help provide some clarification here. If you are interested in running Flash ads within AdWords, we only accept .SWF files per our image ads policy. If you are running ads via third-party ad serving, the requirements are a bit different but even so we do not accept an HTML document as the banner itself. You can find our requirements for 3rd party ad serving here

Because of rendering issues, Google does not support Flash mobile image ads at this time, so you an SVG banner would not display on an Android device or be accepted by AdWords. If you are currently planning on running Flash ads, its best to set these up within a campaign targeting only desktops and tablets and uploading the ads as a .SWF file. I hope this helps!

Juliana S.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Juliana -
Thank you indeed for your reply.
I would like to write down what i have understood from your answer and i will be happy if you could acknowledge:
1. Google will NOT accept .HTML files as banners
2. Google will not publish .SVG files on devices/OS not supporting this format like Android 2

Nevertheless, i remain with the following question:
What can i do with Swiffy as long as it exports my Flash banners as HTML files and i haven't the ability right now to create SVG files?

Thanks
Yossi

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hey Yossi,

I went back and did some research to see if it would be feasible to upload an HTML file into AdWords. Unfortunately, at this time AdWords only accepts .SWF files for Flash ads. Swiffy will convert .SWF files (file format for Flash) to HTML5 but not the reverse. If you only have an HTML file this cannot be used with AdWords. Hopefully you can gain the ability to create .SWF files, so you can run your creatives on the GDN. Let me know if you need anything else.

Juliana S.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords says you can upload HTML5 banners, but don;t show you how. Anyone know how to upload HTML 5 banners successfully. You should read their guidelines before creating those HTML5 banners.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?ctx=image&hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello people! Does anybody know how can I publish HTML5 banners? I made them in html, css and javascript (greensock library). Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy