AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Banner ads on Display Network

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

What is the easiest way to get a screen shot of an banner ad on the GDN?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Banner ads on Display Network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Terry, how are things?

Unfortunately Google doesn't have a preview tool for Display.

The best way I'd say it's to get the placements where your banner is showing under the "Display Network" tab, and go check that placement.

A lot of people just take a screenshot of the website and add the banner on some photo editor. You can lost a lot of time searching for display banners.

If you REALLY need/have/want to see your banner, I'd suggest to narrow down your campaign schedule to the hour you're in, and then going on some of the listed placements.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
ya I am trying the Placement method, but it takes a long time and there is no guarantee.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
What is it you want to do with this ad, exactly?

Have you tried using the Ad Gallery? You can view those before you make them live, and create ads with content pulled dynamically from your website.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Terry,

There's no way to guarantee that you will see your own ad. You can waste a lot of time just to grab the screenshot with the website with your banner.

Personally, if you know that the ad is showing there, simply compose the website and your ad together. Don't waste time looking for you banners on display unless they're remarketing.

That's my view on this.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

Please keep in mind: Your banners sizes must be compatible for those placements, that's why it is always recommended to build banners in different sizes to get more exposure on every placement.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’