AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

BMM keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can I use a set of Broad keywords and its BMM version in same adgroup? If yes, than do I need to bid higher on the BMM keywords to avoid conflict with broad terms in the auction?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Rahil

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahil
September 2015

Re: BMM keywords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rahil,

In general, Google will pick the more restrictive match type if more than on keyword is eligible for the impression. Broad match will match much more often than BMM. In the UI, both the broad match and BMM will show the same QS (if they are in the same ad group). That's not always going to be the case. The UI bases the QS on exact match for all keywords.

I'd suggest using the Ad Preview tool to see which queries trigger which keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rahil Keywords don't conflict with each other in the sense of causing a problem because AdWords will work out which Keyword is the best match for the search query and use that one.

There's no problem having multiple match types in the same Group and it's quite a common practice.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jon, thanks for your help! Do we need to bid higher for BMM terms?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahil
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rahil,

In general, Google will pick the more restrictive match type if more than on keyword is eligible for the impression. Broad match will match much more often than BMM. In the UI, both the broad match and BMM will show the same QS (if they are in the same ad group). That's not always going to be the case. The UI bases the QS on exact match for all keywords.

I'd suggest using the Ad Preview tool to see which queries trigger which keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords