AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Avg. CPC is more than MAX CPC - Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have one Display only campaign with max.cpc 1$ but my avg.cpc is 1.6$.

Focus on clicks is checked, enhanced CPC is NOT checked. "I'll manually set my bids for clicks" is checked. The Device Adjustments is not set. No active Automated rules. No scheduling has been made nor have any adjustments been made. Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Avg. CPC is more than MAX CPC - Display Campaign

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Here are some more things you might check:

1. Was the max CPC for this campaign higher than $1 at some point in the past? If for example you lowered the max CPC last week, when looking at the past 30 days you could still see an average CPC higher than $1, since for part of that period of time you were bidding more.

2. It sounds like you may be taking this into account, but check the max CPC for the different elements that make up your campaign/ad groups. Do any of your keywords, placements, topics, or interests have a max CPC higher than $1? Bids can be set in so many places, so if just one of these is higher than $1 it can nudge your average CPC upward.

Hope that helps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi SMSEM,

Just another point to consider. I know you mentioned that you do not have any bid modifiers for devices. There are other ways to adjust bids like locations and ad scheduling that could possibly be involved here. My instinct suggests that Meg probably nailed with bids set on individual elements. You can set bids all over the place and override defaults at each level.

Hope you find the issue!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meg,
1. No it's totally new campaign.
2. Everywhere bid is 1$ ... i have checked all of them...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,
I have checked all individual elements... everywhere bid is 1$ ...
I will wait two more days and then will see...
Thanks !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having this same problem.

Did you ever find a solution?

Avg. CPC is more than MAX CPC - Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here... new campaign and the avg CPV is higher then max. CPV (Youtube ads)