AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Average ad position when there are no ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is it that my keyword shows an average ad position of 4.9, but whenever I do a Google search on the term (social sustainability), there invariably seems to be zero ads showing?   (of mine or anyone else's)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Average ad position when there are no ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi quixotic, the important words here are "when I do a Google search".  There are lots of reasons why you personally may not see your Ad(s) - that doesn't mean they're not being shown to other people - in fact the average position figure is proof that they are being shown - at least once.

1. Your Daily Budget may be too low to show the Ad(s) each time a search matches your Keyword(s).
  2. You may not fit your specified targeting options.
  3. Your Ad Quality Score may on occasions be too low to show your Ad.
  4. Your own frequent searches on this term may have led Google to believe you don't want to see this Ad.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Average ad position when there are no ads?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To "visualize" your ad on SERP use the "ad preview tool". Running too many searches on your machine (to check the ad) bias  the results.  (At some point the system stops showing the ad -since was not clicked - considered irrelevant to the user.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’