AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Average CPM

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

i was taking a look at a big list of placements that i am going to use as managed in a campaign and found out that a couple of sites have incredible high(er) CPM cost.

How come? Where that cost come from? This “avg. CPM” is a Google calculation?

Thanks!

floriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Re: Average CPM

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Are you bidding CPM? In that case it´s what you have actually paid for at what price.

If you are bidding CPC it´s your cost divided by your impressions. But you didn´t actually pay for impressions, but for clicks, so it´s just a calculation to use for comparing.
You can have a high (calculated) CPM but and a low CPC at the same time, that depends on yoru CTR (higher CTR means higher CPM).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Are you bidding CPM? In that case it´s what you have actually paid for at what price.

If you are bidding CPC it´s your cost divided by your impressions. But you didn´t actually pay for impressions, but for clicks, so it´s just a calculation to use for comparing.
You can have a high (calculated) CPM but and a low CPC at the same time, that depends on yoru CTR (higher CTR means higher CPM).

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome to our growing community,

There are high traffic,specialized sites, that provide better positioning on a higher cost or a premium price.

If you notice, the ads on high authority sites have higher CPM than other sites sometimes.

Sites that offer top and larger visibility is more expensive than those ads on sides and at the bottom of the pages.

Average CPM is the estimated average cost per thousand impressions of  your ads displayed on that specific placement.

However, you mentioned that you are "about to use them on your managed placements", so you have not started yet right?

Can you show the screenshot where you have seen the bundled price?

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you guys!

I found out what I wanted to know: the Avg CPM price is calculated on the (low) performance of my image ads on that specific placement. That is why it´s so high!

I thought that it was an absolute number,(shame on me) then realized later that is performace based figure.

Correct, right?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You are welcome. > > > > > >

More Power,
Loraine