AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automating Target Location, Ad URL, and Ad Copy?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client with over 200 markets and we would like to create a landing page for each market, as well as run ads in each market.

We can automate the landing pages and URLs through the site, but what about AdWords?

How would I do the following:
- Automate Target Location {city, state}
- Automate URL /landing/{city-state}
- Automate Ad Copy with city and state

Any help or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris A
November 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Chris,

I seriously doubt there is a way of automating the target locations. It would be best and safest to add them manually.

If you use the same format for every set of ads and keywords, and there is enough space in the ads for each place name, then manually copying the same campaign 200 times, and then using search/replace in AdWords editor would be quicker than finding and implementing an automated solution.

Regarding the ads, if you are using locations in your keywords, and your keywords make sense in ad copy, use Dynamic Keyword insertion in the headline. That saves a step.

If you are skilled an Excel, building the campaigns in a spreadsheet is also something to look into.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I  had a client in his past who did that  using the API. But for that, you need  a full time programmer....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’