AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automating Ads Rule/Script

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This post has been edited.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automating Ads Rule/Script

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If I understand this correctly, you have 2 adgroups for 2 different sets of ads but the same keywords and at any given point in time you need 1 set of ads to remain live and the other paused.

If this is correct and if I understand your requirement right, heres what I would do:
Keep only 1 set of keywords - having duplicate keywords in the account and pausing them frequently hampers the performance of the keyword & the account overall
have 2 sets of ads in the same adgroup and add labels to them ad X and Y. Then you can go on and pause the X ads and keep the Y ads live. and when you filter by Y ads and pause them, filter by X and make them live. This is a 2 step process.
To review performance then you can simply filter for the ad X & Y. You will also be able to identify when the ads were live by seeing the graph that gets generated on the top.

If you still want to follow you idea, I dont think it is possible through rules - ou can label your ads then then use scripts..
Here's a code that I just wrote out for you:

var adSelector = AdWordsApp.ads().withCondition("LabelNames CONTAINS_ANY ['X']");

var adIterator = adSelector.get();
while (adIterator.hasNext()) {
var ad = adIterator.next();
if(!ad.isEnabled()){
die;
}
}

var adSelectorY = AdWordsApp.ads().withCondition("LabelNames CONTAINS_ANY ['Y']");
var adIteratorY = adSelectorY.get();
while (adIteratorY.hasNext()) {
var adY = adIteratorY.next();
adY.pause();
}

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!