AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically re-Activate Paused Ad Campaign

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi I want to automatically schedule my paused campaigns ,so for example pause for a period of time , then activate it automatically after  three months or when my competitor begins to bid on a keyword and has a 60% impression share is it possible?Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automatically re-Activate Paused Ad Campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, welcome to the Community.

You can pause or enable Campaigns for specific dates using Automated Rules.  Log in to your Account and choose the Campaigns tab.  Check the box next to the Campaign you wish to pause/enable and then click the "Automate" button above the list and choose either "Pause campaigns when.." or "Enable campaigns when...".  In the dialogue that appears change the Frequency setting to "One time" then enter a date to pause or enable.  

You can change the name of the rule and or the email results field but can ignore all other settings.  Save the rule.

I don't think there's any way you'd be able to pause or enable Campaigns based upon the activity of other advertisers and, to be honest, I don't think this is a good idea.  It's a much better approach to worry about your own advertising rather than that of the competition.

More about Automated Rules

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Automatically re-Activate Paused Ad Campaign

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

What can he/she use in the "Requirements" field to always pause the campaign after 3 months ? Could it be a condition that is always true , but what condition ?

Can a campaign be paused using a "Requirements" of its own impression share of bellow a certain level ?

Thanks