AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically putting a day into the headline?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

On my Adwords headline I want to have something like:

<product> delivered by <day three days from now>

A working example, which would show on a Tuesday search:

"Feathers delivered by Friday"

Is there a script that I can use that automatically adds the three day formula?  I was thinking something enclosed by {}?

I did try to create scheduled ads for the seven different days of the week but, even with the rules set up, they were still displaying when they shouldn't!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Automatically putting a day into the headline?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Gary,

I agree with Leandro that ad customizers or a similar script setup, likely using some sort of data feed could potentially be a good solution for this.

However, It's important to keep in mind that standard headline requirements still apply and when the longest product name you have is paired with 'Wednesday' for example, you have very few characters remaining to work with in your headline. Also just looking at the possibility of 'delivered by Wednesday' as your headline, this is 22 characters - no room for a product name. If the customized ad doesn't meet standard editorial requirements, your default ad will show instead. I would suggest that you scope out some of these possibilities (product name plus day of the week etc...) before you invest too much in trying to make it work.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sounds like a keyword insertion question -- check out https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072565?hl=en

There is a countdown feature which is similar to what you described, but not exact. Hopefully this gets you on somewhat of the right path?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.  I saw that too, but couldn't see a way of it just being an ongoing campaign which would just display a day of the week three days from the day the ad was displayed.

Thanks anyway.  If there is a way of doing it, it would be great if someone could let me know.  

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Gary, how are things?

I think that what you're looking for are Ad Customizers. This page have everything you need about that:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6093368?hl=en#create

See if it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Gary,

I agree with Leandro that ad customizers or a similar script setup, likely using some sort of data feed could potentially be a good solution for this.

However, It's important to keep in mind that standard headline requirements still apply and when the longest product name you have is paired with 'Wednesday' for example, you have very few characters remaining to work with in your headline. Also just looking at the possibility of 'delivered by Wednesday' as your headline, this is 22 characters - no room for a product name. If the customized ad doesn't meet standard editorial requirements, your default ad will show instead. I would suggest that you scope out some of these possibilities (product name plus day of the week etc...) before you invest too much in trying to make it work.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Gary M Ad Customisers should be able to handle it, but bear in mind you may need a fairly complex setup to take account of your actual last posting times on any given day (and obviously weekends, etc.).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits