AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically(?) paused ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

My adwords keeps pausing an ad for a campaign without my active participation.  This is annoying, because I have extended periods of downtime for that campaign if I don't promptly catch it.  Did I change a setting to make this ad pause?  Are older ads automatically paused to ensure "freshness"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automatically(?) paused ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bailey P,

No, there's nothing in the AdWords system that would automatically pause Ads, no matter how old they are - at least not without having been set up to do so.

When you say the Ads are "paused" do you mean they are actually showing a status of "Paused"?  Is it affecting only one Ad in your structure?

What does the Change History report say?

The only ways in which an Ad could be paused without your manual intervention would be if someone else has access to the Account - in which case their actions would be shown in the Change History - or if an Automated Rule, or possibly a script, has been set up to pause Ads upon certain conditions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits