AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically pause the ad with lowest CTR in every ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I couldn't find a post on this - I'm wondering if someone could save me some time.

I manage a number of large accounts. Many of my clients regularly want new offer ads rotated into all ad groups. In such a situation, I would create the ads in Excel, tailor them according to their keyword grouping and upload them via CSV.

This saves me a huge amount of time however, part of this process which continues to cost me more time than I would like is the process of pausing the lowest CTR ad (over the last 30 days) in each ad group which I would like to replace with the newly uploaded ads.

There's obviously rules which can be run within the AdWords interface to pause an ad if CTR reaches a certain level, but what would really save me time would be to be able to run a rule that simply pauses the lowest CTR ad in each ad group.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David G
September 2015

Re: Automatically pause the ad with lowest CTR in every ad group

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David G
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellent - thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey guys...bit of a newbie question but for the script mentioned above where & how would you install it??