AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad Group

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If campaing name = abc

If ad-group = def

If keyword = {keyword} <-- this is already a functional parameter

If medium = cpc

If source = google

Then...is it possible to insert a url with some sort of parameters in it to grab the above data and generate the url??

Example of what the destiantion url input will be:

http://www.mysite.com?utm_camaign={campaign}&utm_content={adgroup}&utm_keyword={keyword}&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_source=google

Example of how the destiantion url will render in the actual live ad if the user searched for xxx:

http://www.mysite.com?utm_camaign=abc&utm_content=def&utm_keyword=xxx&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_source=goo...

Our CRM works with utm_ parameter so its a must to be able to use them.

Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad G

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I dont think there is way to dynamically populate campaign name in the destination URL.

You can populate following fields in your example

• utm_keyword: actually the correct utm parameter for this is utm_term and it can be used as utm_term={keyword}
  • There is no way to get other parameters dynamically you will need to do that manually.
  • On this link you can check full list of parameters which can be managed dynamically

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad G

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I dont think there is way to dynamically populate campaign name in the destination URL.

You can populate following fields in your example

• utm_keyword: actually the correct utm parameter for this is utm_term and it can be used as utm_term={keyword}
  • There is no way to get other parameters dynamically you will need to do that manually.
  • On this link you can check full list of parameters which can be managed dynamically

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog