AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad Group

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If campaing name = abc

If ad-group = def

If keyword = {keyword} <-- this is already a functional parameter

If medium = cpc

If source = google

Then...is it possible to insert a url with some sort of parameters in it to grab the above data and generate the url??

Example of what the destiantion url input will be:

http://www.mysite.com?utm_camaign={campaign}&utm_content={adgroup}&utm_keyword={keyword}&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_source=google

Example of how the destiantion url will render in the actual live ad if the user searched for xxx:

http://www.mysite.com?utm_camaign=abc&utm_content=def&utm_keyword=xxx&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_source=goo...

Our CRM works with utm_ parameter so its a must to be able to use them.

Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad G

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I dont think there is way to dynamically populate campaign name in the destination URL.

You can populate following fields in your example

• utm_keyword: actually the correct utm parameter for this is utm_term and it can be used as utm_term={keyword}
  • There is no way to get other parameters dynamically you will need to do that manually.
  • On this link you can check full list of parameters which can be managed dynamically

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Automatically Generate Destination URL from Campaign Name and Ad G

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I dont think there is way to dynamically populate campaign name in the destination URL.

You can populate following fields in your example

• utm_keyword: actually the correct utm parameter for this is utm_term and it can be used as utm_term={keyword}
  • There is no way to get other parameters dynamically you will need to do that manually.
  • On this link you can check full list of parameters which can be managed dynamically

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog