AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic Placements Unsuitable

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am wondering if it is possible to filter the automatic placements in my Display Remarketing campaign? The primary reason for this is that each time I load the placements report, I am seeing clicks and impressions for websites and placements that are irrelevant to the areas we want to target. Despite the fact our keywords are, of course, relevant. 

I understand you can exclude placements from the report after they have generated clicks or impressions, however I would ideally like to filter/exclude irrelevant placements before they get clicks (in some cases multiple clicks) and eat into our budget. 

Is this possible, other than using Manual Placements?

Re: Automatic Placements Unsuitable

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

HI Sam,

There are a number of ways to restrict the targeting of a display (remarketing) campaign, based on site, category, topic, ... You can find an overview of these methods and how to implement them at the bottom of this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497830 under "Ad is showing, but not where you expect".

However, take into account that the purpose of a remarketing campaign is to show ads to people who have already visited your website and that you want to approach again. That often means that the relevancy of the website that is showing your remarketing ad is of less importance since you know that the person you're showing it to is relevant (since he/she already visited your website)

Hope this helps!

Ken