AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic Bidding, "its rank is not high enough to place it on the first page of search results."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set $5/Day, and the recommended bughet says: Your budget is OK. We do not recommend changes at this time.

Bidding option is Automatic, and the price is auto: A$0.18.

When I hit on the bubble next to keyword, the Quality Score is 7/10,

• Expected clickthrough rate: Above average
  • Ad relevance: Above average
  • Landing page experience: Average

But when i go to ads, it says your ad is not showing, Although your ad is showing, its rank is not high enough to place it on the first page of search results.

The impression I have got today is only 10, and average position is 13.1 I am confusing now, what should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Impr & Ave.Pos. in Keywords is different to Ads

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lukelee

With regards to your ads appearing on the 2nd page it will be that a combination of your cost per click and quality score not being high enough to reach the first page.

Google's automatic bidding will try and get you traffic/conversions but can only work with your budget limits. Although it says that your budget is okay you may be missing out on traffic and the CPC set may be influenced by this.

I would recommend (if you can) pushing the budget up and possible setting some manual bids to see what levels it takes for you to get the traffic you're happy with.

When you do this you may find out that your budget will only allow a small amount of traffic through before it's depleted.

With regards to your traffic differences between tabs, i'd check that you are showing all keywords and all ads (check drop down just under the settings tab). It could be that you are showing all keywords, but only live ads where you may have some paused that may have generated traffic?

Additionally if you are just looking at today's data then sometimes it can take a while for the data to be 100% accurate in the system.

Hopefully the above makes sense and helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Kane

View solution in original post

Impr & Ave.Pos. in Keywords is different to Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Keywords tab, it says Impr is 10, Ave.Pos. is 13.1

But in Ads tab, The Impr is 7, Ave.Pos. is 7?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lukelee

With regards to your ads appearing on the 2nd page it will be that a combination of your cost per click and quality score not being high enough to reach the first page.

Google's automatic bidding will try and get you traffic/conversions but can only work with your budget limits. Although it says that your budget is okay you may be missing out on traffic and the CPC set may be influenced by this.

I would recommend (if you can) pushing the budget up and possible setting some manual bids to see what levels it takes for you to get the traffic you're happy with.

When you do this you may find out that your budget will only allow a small amount of traffic through before it's depleted.

With regards to your traffic differences between tabs, i'd check that you are showing all keywords and all ads (check drop down just under the settings tab). It could be that you are showing all keywords, but only live ads where you may have some paused that may have generated traffic?

Additionally if you are just looking at today's data then sometimes it can take a while for the data to be 100% accurate in the system.

Hopefully the above makes sense and helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Kane

Re: Automatic Bidding, "its rank is not high enough to place it on the first page of search re

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

My guess is that your keywords are broad matched which means your ad can be triggered by a lot of different kinds of search queries and that that the message and numbers you get  applies to a fair part but far from all of them.

I´d suggest you add more keywords with different kinds of match types.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi renuarabd1

Your post appears empty. If you wish to post your question, follow these steps

Thanks,