AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated extensions - how can I check or amend?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have just received an email saying that call extensions are going to become automatic and that Adwords has identified three phone numbers that it will automatically display. All three of these numbers go to specific teams which should not be a first point of contact (for example, we will run an exhibition but the phone number displayed won't be our general number, it will be for the schools team). 

The only way I can see to modify this from the guidance I have searched through is to switch all automated extensions off, which would then impact social extensions, location etc. Is there a way to remove these numbers from my account and provide a verified phone number? Also, I would now like to check the other extensions - is there a way for me to see which social extensions, dynamic call outs and links are being generated for my ads?

Many thanks,

Connie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm.... Can you copy / paste the letter here. (Please remove / mask any info that is personal: email, account #...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV

Thanks for your response, copied below.

Many thanks,

Connie

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

This year, mobile search engines are predicted to drive nearly 33 billion clicks-to-call to businesses globally, almost 19% more calls than from mobile landing pages alone1. Using Google call extensions, you can get more calls by making it easy for people to call you right from your mobile search ads. See how other advertisers have succeeded by generating more phone calls from search.

What's changing

You're receiving this message because your AdWords account (customer ID: XXX-XXX-XXXX) contains ads that take users to landing pages prominently featuring a phone number. Starting February 6, 2017, call extensions will be automatically added to these mobile search ads using the following phone numbers from your landing pages:

Phone Number(s)

+44 20 8291 8169

+44 20 8291 8686

+44 20 8291 8161

You'll be able to get detailed reporting insights about your calls performance (including call duration, call start and end time, caller area code) and whether the call was connected. You can also set up call conversion tracking to see which parts of your campaigns are driving the most valuable calls.

If you do not want to receive phone calls from your mobile search ads, please indicate this in AdWords in the Ad extensions tab before February 6, 2017:

Select "View: Automated extensions report"

Scroll down to "Automated extension options (advanced)" and click on "Edit"

Uncheck the option for "Automatic call extensions" under "Do not use specific automated extensions in this account".

After February 6, 2017, please follow these steps if you'd like to opt out from having Google create additional automatic call extensions in the future. You can also update call extensions yourself directly in AdWords to use different phone numbers or remove them from specific campaigns and ad groups.

If you have any questions, please visit the Help Center and don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords team

1 BIA/Kelsey, July 2016

© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to update you about important changes to your AdWords account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here are the sentences I was looking for:

>>"Uncheck the option for "Automatic call extensions" under "Do not use specific automated extensions in this account".

"You can also update call extensions yourself directly in AdWords to use different phone numbers or remove them from specific campaigns and ad groups.

I always prefer to  manually set extensions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, apologies - I didn't see the new menu open up before. Thank you - I will set my call extensions manually.

Do you know where I can find which extensions are auto pulled for the other Automatic Extensions (like social)? I want to double check all of these now.

Many thanks,

Connie

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

We have asked Google for clarifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Connie C;

Check my reply to this discussion

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Call-Extensions-and-Locatio...