AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules teaser...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Fellows,

I am totally familiar with the rules possibilities, but i can't seem to figure, what if i wanna pause all my ads for 2 weeks and then have them back on Tuesday 2 AM, how do i set this?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated Rules teaser...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Pause manually, enable on a specific date. Not every Tuesday, but one specific Tuesday.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So basically what you tell me is that i have to pause them manually and enable manually?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did I say that? If I did, I didn't mean that. You can enable them at a specific date in the future. That's not manual to me, it's scheduled.

You said you want to pause them for two weeks. Starting "today" I assume. And then, two weeks from now, at 2 am, you want them back. Then my solution works.

It obviously does not work if you want to set them pause for two weeks, resume, pause again, etc., automatically, starting at a certain date.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok, i seem to start getting it, but what shall i select in the rule? Start on that day if... CTR? Clicks? are... high? Low? Got my point?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If they're two ads out of more in an ad group, I'd use labels. You cannot use a performance criteria, since they're in a paused state when you want to enable them.

And I don't think you want to use a numeric condition and use data from the period when they were running. Essentially you need a condition which is always true, because the trigger, for you, is the date, not anything related to performance.

Rain or shine, you want to start them on D-Day, at 2 am. Am I right?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Correct, i basically wanna set a timer, turn on the light in 2 weeks from now on Monday 2 AM... Anything?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Labels, ad group name, campaign name, you can use anything.

For instance, in order to start a campaign, click it in the campaigns tab, go to "Automate - Enable Campaigns when", Requirements - Campaign name contains [enter campaign name].

Frequency: one time, on exact date and hour, using data from [doesn't matter, as condition refers to name].

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sounds good, but there's no way to do it in bulk (which i was actually looking for, to pause the entire account).

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Select all campaigns and use labels if you need, or a common string. I think even "space" would do.