AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules teaser...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Fellows,

I am totally familiar with the rules possibilities, but i can't seem to figure, what if i wanna pause all my ads for 2 weeks and then have them back on Tuesday 2 AM, how do i set this?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated Rules teaser...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Pause manually, enable on a specific date. Not every Tuesday, but one specific Tuesday.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So basically what you tell me is that i have to pause them manually and enable manually?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did I say that? If I did, I didn't mean that. You can enable them at a specific date in the future. That's not manual to me, it's scheduled.

You said you want to pause them for two weeks. Starting "today" I assume. And then, two weeks from now, at 2 am, you want them back. Then my solution works.

It obviously does not work if you want to set them pause for two weeks, resume, pause again, etc., automatically, starting at a certain date.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok, i seem to start getting it, but what shall i select in the rule? Start on that day if... CTR? Clicks? are... high? Low? Got my point?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If they're two ads out of more in an ad group, I'd use labels. You cannot use a performance criteria, since they're in a paused state when you want to enable them.

And I don't think you want to use a numeric condition and use data from the period when they were running. Essentially you need a condition which is always true, because the trigger, for you, is the date, not anything related to performance.

Rain or shine, you want to start them on D-Day, at 2 am. Am I right?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Correct, i basically wanna set a timer, turn on the light in 2 weeks from now on Monday 2 AM... Anything?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Labels, ad group name, campaign name, you can use anything.

For instance, in order to start a campaign, click it in the campaigns tab, go to "Automate - Enable Campaigns when", Requirements - Campaign name contains [enter campaign name].

Frequency: one time, on exact date and hour, using data from [doesn't matter, as condition refers to name].

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sounds good, but there's no way to do it in bulk (which i was actually looking for, to pause the entire account).

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Select all campaigns and use labels if you need, or a common string. I think even "space" would do.