AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules apply for All Keywords or for each one individually?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I would like to setup an automated rule just for some of my keywords. I would like those keywords (lets say they are 10) to be paused when combined they cost me 25% of my daily budget. *All my keywords are on the same AdGroup

What I am not sure is if by selecting those 10 keywords they will get paused when combined they get to 25% of my daily budget or if the automated rule will be applied to each keyword meaning that each keyword will get paused when it reaches 25% of my daily budget...which is somethign I don't need.

If this can't be done with automated rules for combination of keywords, is there any way I can achieve this besides using the AdWords API?

Thanks so much for any help and your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Re: Automated Rules apply for All Keywords or for each one individually?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Yakito,

I have a theoretical way of doing this. It's not 100% accurate but I think it's the best you can do without the API (**note: untested, do not know if it will work)

Create labels for these 10 keywords you want to use this rule with (we'll call the label "10" )

If you go to the AdGroup you want to set this rule up and create a rule "pause keywords"

Apply to selected keywords and add these 10 in to this rule.

Set a requirement to "labels" "contains all" "10"

add a requirement to be "cost" and set this just lower than your 25% daily budget.

In terms of frequency, you're going to have to repeat this rule numerous times per day so you can catch the costs at the right amount. It might have to be duplicated every hour even.

This should tally up all 10 costs each time it runs and if it exceeds your set limit, should pause the keywords.

If you are setting a rule to pause them, remember you need a rule to enable these keywords as well if you want them to run the next day. Maybe set a rule up on these to enable every morning when your office opens.

Let me know what you think and if you do try it, let me know how it went.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Yakito,

I have a theoretical way of doing this. It's not 100% accurate but I think it's the best you can do without the API (**note: untested, do not know if it will work)

Create labels for these 10 keywords you want to use this rule with (we'll call the label "10" )

If you go to the AdGroup you want to set this rule up and create a rule "pause keywords"

Apply to selected keywords and add these 10 in to this rule.

Set a requirement to "labels" "contains all" "10"

add a requirement to be "cost" and set this just lower than your 25% daily budget.

In terms of frequency, you're going to have to repeat this rule numerous times per day so you can catch the costs at the right amount. It might have to be duplicated every hour even.

This should tally up all 10 costs each time it runs and if it exceeds your set limit, should pause the keywords.

If you are setting a rule to pause them, remember you need a rule to enable these keywords as well if you want them to run the next day. Maybe set a rule up on these to enable every morning when your office opens.

Let me know what you think and if you do try it, let me know how it went.

Good luck

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I was always wondering what to use labels for! thats perfect! Thanks a lot!!! Smiley Happy