AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules Shared Budgets

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I need to reduce budgets on certain days of the week and set an automated rule to do this.

Unfortunately the rule didn't run properly (no changes made) and I am thinking this is because I am using a shared budget?

I have set many different rules before with no problems

Thanks,

Matt

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated Rules Shared Budgets

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Matt,
Your auto rules should work with shared budgets, at least in my case they work ( I've just performed test and previewed results).

However I am not sure if you really need shared budgets - I am using them only on initial stage after I've created new campaigns. Then I always move to individual budgets to be able to reallocate more money individually to best campaigns. But maybe in your case it's worth to use shared budgets - I can't be 100% sure without having a look in your account.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Matt,

Please go to the below URL for automated rules. Please go to the Controlling budgets and cost and set rule according to the guidelines.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

I hope this will work for you.

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt L I was under the impression that Automated Rules wouldn't work with Shared Budgets - they certainly didn't when they were first introduced, but this may have changed with the restructuring of how budgets are handled "behind the scenes" in the AdWords API.  Does the preview work for you?

In any case, I agree with @Alexey C that in most cases shared budgets are only really useful in the initial stages of setting up an Account and are not something I'd use for an established situation.  Once an Account has been running for some time, possibly quite a short time, you should have a good idea of the spend of each Campaign and it's almost always then better to apply individual budgets so that the spend goes where it's best used.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits