AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules - Same Month Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere. When selecting the "same month" data option in the Automated Rules section, is the rule using data from the same month the rule was set up in (which would mean a new rule would need to be created each month) or the same month that you are currently in (which would mean the rule stays consistent and uses the current month's data only)? 

Please let me know if more clarification is needed. I am trying to find out whether new rules need to be created each month by using "same month" data.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Automated Rules - Same Month Data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Kayla,

'Same Month' in this context refers to the data the rule is supposed to consider every time it runs. This means the rule stays there and would run as per the set frequency. You don't have to create the rule each month, unless the frequency is set to run once only.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Kayla,

'Same Month' in this context refers to the data the rule is supposed to consider every time it runs. This means the rule stays there and would run as per the set frequency. You don't have to create the rule each month, unless the frequency is set to run once only.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! This was exactly what I needed to know.