AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings!

I'm not sure if I am missing this, but under automated rules I am trying to set up a rule that would essentially wipe out all the Max CPC bids of all the keywords in a given campaign (regardless of ad groups), therefore resetting the bid to the default max CPC for that campaign/adgroup/keyword.

Does this make sense as written? Does anyone have an answer?

Regards,

Kyle

1 Expert replyverified_user

Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings!

I'm not sure if I am missing this, but under automated rules I am trying to set up a rule that would essentially wipe out all the Max CPC bids of all the keywords in a given campaign (regardless of ad groups), therefore resetting the bid to the default max CPC for that campaign/adgroup/keyword.

Does this make sense as written? Does anyone have an answer?

Regards,

Kyle

Re: Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ;

I don't think you could do that by automated rules.  But if you are good in programing, you can try writing a script;

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/complete-scripts

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

If I understand it correctly you are trying to remove the bid at a keyword level and get them back to whatever the adgroup's default CPC is?

To do so quickly, you don't need a rule. You can do so with the following:

- Downlaod adwords editor

- Import your campaigns

- Select the desired campaign on the left handside

- click on the "keyword" tab (main window)

- select all keywords

Once all selected; in the max. CPC bid field (just above status and right of match type), you should see <varies>...

Just highlight <varies> and press "delete".

finally "post Changes".

job done Smiley Happy

Have a good day!

Hope this hleps.

Cheers Smiley Happy