AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings!

I'm not sure if I am missing this, but under automated rules I am trying to set up a rule that would essentially wipe out all the Max CPC bids of all the keywords in a given campaign (regardless of ad groups), therefore resetting the bid to the default max CPC for that campaign/adgroup/keyword.

Does this make sense as written? Does anyone have an answer?

Regards,

Kyle

1 Expert replyverified_user

Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings!

I'm not sure if I am missing this, but under automated rules I am trying to set up a rule that would essentially wipe out all the Max CPC bids of all the keywords in a given campaign (regardless of ad groups), therefore resetting the bid to the default max CPC for that campaign/adgroup/keyword.

Does this make sense as written? Does anyone have an answer?

Regards,

Kyle

Re: Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ;

I don't think you could do that by automated rules.  But if you are good in programing, you can try writing a script;

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/complete-scripts

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Automated Rules - Resetting to Default Max CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

If I understand it correctly you are trying to remove the bid at a keyword level and get them back to whatever the adgroup's default CPC is?

To do so quickly, you don't need a rule. You can do so with the following:

- Downlaod adwords editor

- Import your campaigns

- Select the desired campaign on the left handside

- click on the "keyword" tab (main window)

- select all keywords

Once all selected; in the max. CPC bid field (just above status and right of match type), you should see <varies>...

Just highlight <varies> and press "delete".

finally "post Changes".

job done Smiley Happy

Have a good day!

Hope this hleps.

Cheers Smiley Happy