AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Moving of Ad Groups from Campaign 1 to Campaign 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have 2 Campaigns running - Campaign A and Campaign B

Campaign A contains - AG1 (enabled), AG2 (paused), AG3 (enabled), AG4 (paused)

Campaign B contains - AG1 (paused), AG2 (enabled), AG3 (paused), AG4 (enabled)

Both campaigns have the same Ad Groups but in different states (as seen above). Im trying to automate the movement of AG2 from Campaign B to Campaign A i.e. rule to pause AG2 in Campaign B and enable AG2 in Campaign A at the same time. 

Any suggestions on how to go about this with Automated Rules? Or would Scripts be the only way to go about with this?

Cheers,

Jash

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jash P
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jash P,

I am under the impression that you wish a predetermined signal to switch AG1 in Campaign A from enabled to paused while simultaneously switch AG1 in Campaign B from paused to to enabled. Where should the signal come from? Under automated rules, if it comes from AG1 in Campaign A, it will not have an effect on AG1 in campaign B and vice verse. Hence you'll need to consider scripts. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jash P
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jash P,

I am under the impression that you wish a predetermined signal to switch AG1 in Campaign A from enabled to paused while simultaneously switch AG1 in Campaign B from paused to to enabled. Where should the signal come from? Under automated rules, if it comes from AG1 in Campaign A, it will not have an effect on AG1 in campaign B and vice verse. Hence you'll need to consider scripts. 

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the info @Lakatos. The signal would come Campaign A in this case. I was also under the impression it would have to be scripts but just wanted to make sure it is the case. Didn't want to lose out on a simpler solution Smiley Happy