AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Bids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A quick question about Automated Bids..

If I set up a policy across a whole account which has a brand campaign (my own brand) and a number of random campaigns (relating to the products I sell and services I provide).

If I set up a policy to keep my whole account between positions 2 and 3, I would need to have a policy to keep my brand at the top of searches.

Please can you let me know if my campaign policies would override something set across a whole account.

Also, if I set a policy at campaign level, would a policy at adgroup/keyword level override the campaign policy?

Basically, the more 'grass roots' i go, does it give a higher priority?

Re: Automated Bids

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Could you please explain what you mean by "campaign policy". It´s not possible to choose (prefer) which positions your ads should show in anymore.
http://adwords.blogspot.se/2011/04/adwords-position-preference-feature-is.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

I meant the Automated Rules that you can set -> http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/automatedrules.html

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi chigz86,

As far as I am aware if you set multiple rules at various lavels, they will ALL RUN and can conflict or make multiple changes in your account.

If you are only after these 2 various positions you could set account level rules and manage them using the rules requirments.

For brand terms something like this will work.

select change bids on all but deleted keywords in all campaigns

Raise bids 10% max $xx

Requirments: keyword text contains "brand"

average position worse than 2

then you could set another rule very similar that uses the following to manage non brand terms

select change bids on all but deleted keywords in all campaigns

Raise bids 10% max $xx

Requirements: keyword text does not contain "brand"

average position worse than 4

Will this help you?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz,

I don't think it will help me because I look after around 10 markets for my company and all of them have at least 300,000 keywords, but if they will confilct then I have my answer.

I will set my rules to run one after the other - starting at account level and then working down to keyword level.

Thanks for your help guys!

Chirag