AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Auto bids too high...I think!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the last three weeks, I have had NO response from my Ad. Previously I was getting two calls a day. And tonight, Saturday at 19:00 hours my Ad isn'tshowing which is peak time for people looking for a magician, I noticed that Adwords has increased my Auto bid from just over 40p to 80p thus running my budget out too fast!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auto bids too high...I think!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

There can be serveral reasons for the high bid. If you have selected Focus on clicks - use maximum CPC bids - AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget  is normally will set your keyword bid high in order to reach high impressions and click.

But as per your post it seems like you are more interested on ROI and conversions, which is the return phone calls you mentioned. So i would prefer you setting your bid strategy to manual and lowering down bid amount in unwanted keywords and increasing the bid amount of important keywords, for a start you can follow these settings,

Also as you said if you have idenfied peak hours that can give you more results to your ads please considering making an ad schedule. You can make your ads displayed on the time period you need.bid.PNG

Also as you said if you have idenfied peak hours that can give you more results to your ads please considering making an ad schedule. You can make your ads displayed on the time period you need.

you can read more about ad schduleing here Smiley Happy https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en