AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Auto adjustments to bids

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a couple of words in a campaign that continuously have their bids automatically adjusted lower. I have the settings for the campaign set to: 

Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding

Two of my top keywords will drop from 0.50 per click down to 0.20-0.26 per click. I just do not understand why this keeps happening. I update these daily to keep them at the desired Max CPC, but I would love to know why it continuously auto updates these few bids. My only thought is that it may be happening due to my campaign budget. I was maxing out on my budget in this specific camapign, but I raised the budget and it is still auto adjusting them down. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Auto adjustments to bids

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In an effort to try and get it to stop bidding so low, I actually switched to auto bidding yesterday as a test. Turns out it is working very well. So I am not positive if the Enhanced CPC was clicked or not. I do not believe so. Either way, thanks for the information and thankfully we are seeing better results with the auto bidding. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi m_adargo,

Are you by chance using Enhanced CPC in conjunction with your manual MAX CPC bids?  This will automatically adjust your bids.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"Two of my top keywords will drop from 0.50 per click down to 0.20-0.26 per click"

Is this your max CPC bid, or your average cost per click that keeps changing?

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In an effort to try and get it to stop bidding so low, I actually switched to auto bidding yesterday as a test. Turns out it is working very well. So I am not positive if the Enhanced CPC was clicked or not. I do not believe so. Either way, thanks for the information and thankfully we are seeing better results with the auto bidding.