5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Auto-Enable Keywords on the Weekend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our current ad schedule for AdWords is Monday-Friday, however, we want to test specific keywords during the weekends as well. I created a label for those specific keywords (weekend_keywords) but I'm not experienced enough to then automate running them on weekends.

Should I use a script or an automated rule and what would it look like? Is it as easy as an automated rule to run "weekend_keywords" on Saturdays and not create a pause rule for Sunday because it would carryover into Monday? If my ad schedule is M-F and then create a rule to enable keywords on the Saturday does it overrule the ad schedule?

Thank you!

- Josh

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh G
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I think you are over complicating things... schedules are controlled at the campaign level - so why not simply duplicate the campaign (use copy paste) and then set the schedule for Sat on the copy.

Activate and pause the keywords as you wish - and you could use your labels to make this a simple task.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Josh, 

I suggest you simply create a new campaign for these weekend KW's and set your ad scheduling for the weekend dates you want to target. 

You can use AdWords scripts but this may be unnecessary. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're probably right. I guess I was trying to keep metrics under one keyword but this would be way easier.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Keep it simple - usually works best

Experts in the Topic
stickleback
Joshua R