AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Audiences with Remarketing Lists or Custom Affinities (Adwords Editor)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm wondering if there is any way to keep the audience settings of Display campaigns while copy-pasting across accounts (in Adwords Editor 11)? So far I always get this error message and need to go back into Adwords to adjust (i.e. add all the remarketing lists each time). Hope someone knows the trick.

Copy-Pasting Display Campaigns

Cheers,

Marina

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marina B
September 2015

Re: Audiences with Remarketing Lists or Custom Affinities (Adwords Edi

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Direct copy/paste won't work, even for user lists that are shared between accounts. Pasting into Make Multiple Changes tool should work for you. Have you tried that?

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Editor can't create new user lists or custom affinities - it can only create audience criteria that refer to existing user lists or custom affinities. User lists and custom affinities only exist in a particular account. This is why you can't copy an audience between accounts - there's nothing in the second account that a copy could refer to.

If you have user lists in the second account with the same names as those in the first account, then you can copy audiences via Make Multiple Changes tool. Copy from account A, go to Audiences view in account B, run Make Multiple Changes tool, paste, click Proceed. This tool looks up user lists (and custom affinities, and most other things) by name.

If you don't have user lists in the second account with the same names as those in the first account, then I'm not sure I understand what end result you hope to achieve.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Igor. I've shared all my audiences and remarketing lists across all accounts so from your reply I would assume that this should be possible but only with the multiple changes tool? Didn't work for me unfortunately.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marina B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Direct copy/paste won't work, even for user lists that are shared between accounts. Pasting into Make Multiple Changes tool should work for you. Have you tried that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok that worked now thanks Igor. So I copied the audiences from one account and used the multiple changes tool to uplaod it into another account. Perfect!