AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Audiences Display No Data in Adwords Yet DN Only Campaign They Are In Is Accumulating Data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

We're running an Adwords Remarketing campaign, the relevant ad groups are in a campaign set to Display Network only, the Audience list is definitely set up within these groups (and the list in question has over 1000 members) yet when I view the data in Adwords for the campaign, for the audiences themselves, these display no data but the campaign is clearly racking up clicks and impressions (showing against 'Total - Display Network').

Surely I should be seeing data against the particular Audiences?

See image for further explanation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Potential Answer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi zigojacko,

Please take a look at this help article, there is a possibility this is why you're seeing zeros...here's a snippet.

"If you've selected "Show ads only on pages that match all selected targeting methods" in your campaign settings.

When your campaign settings are set for your ad to appear when all targeting criteria match, although the ad will appear only when your audience or topic matches, the Audiences or Topics tab will show 0 for all stats (impressions, clicks, etc.)."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Ah, I see!   A remarketing campaign set to "broad" reach...

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Ah, I see!

A remarketing campaign set to "broad" reach will show data for each audience, in the audiences tab. When you set to "specific" reach, you will not see audience data, only campaign data. Did I get that right Tom? Smiley Happy

Tom

That's my interpretation.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

That is exactly my interpretation of how it works.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi Tom,   Thanks for your response.   We have got the oth...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.

We have got the other option selected (Broad reach: Show ads on pages that match my primary targeting method) as per the below screenshot.

Is it possible that the images ads have only been shown elsewhere in the display network currently? Or should these only be shown to the remarketing list we have set (as this is what we have assigned to the ad groups)?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Hello, Geoff.   If Specific reach is not selected, your a...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello, Geoff.

If Specific reach is not selected, your ads may show (and did, from what I see) even to people outside the audience. If you want to force showing them only when all targeting methods are matched, you need to select "Specific reach".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.