AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insights for App Install Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When will Auction Insights Reports be available for App Install Campaigns, why  aren't they available like they are for search campaigns isn't it very similar to that?

Re: Auction Insights for App Install Campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rohan C

I don't think it is similar.  Even with search network partners, Google controls the inventory 100%. With 3rd party sites and apps, there is no guarantee they are always serving Adsense/Admob ads. They may rotate in other ad networks, and/or serve direct reservation buys if they are large enough. The frequency with which they serve these different networks can change from month to month as well.Because of that, any kind of Auction insight report could never be truly accurate.  Another point to consider is the volume of different ads, total number of apps serving ads, etc.  If it were possible to accurately collect all this data, I think it would be too much to digest. At least when comparing to a search campaign.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But what about just Search Network App install campaigns, could we get an
auction insights reports for just app campaigns running on search network?

Thanks,
Rohan C

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @rohan,

Auction insights report is available for Search and Shopping campaigns.

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rohan C

Apologies, I thought you were talking about Display campaigns. So you're saying you've setup a search network only campaign that promotes an app and Auction Insights are not available?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes.

Thanks,
Rohan C

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Guys can some one help here please.

I would like to understand if auction insights report can be available for
App Install Campaigns, i.e Campaign Type is App Install running on the
Search Network.

Thanks,
Rohan Chitambar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rohan C

so what happens when you go to the tab where Auction Insights is located in a search campaign? Is it just not there? Grayed out?

I've only promoted apps on the display side,so I'm not familiar with it.  I did some reading, and if it really is not available with this type of campaign, my guess on the reason why is related to search on Google Play being included. One would think that's where the majority of the searches would come from in most cases for this type of campaign.  I'm guessing that search on play.google.com is currently not capable of providing that data. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply David,

The Auction Insights Tab is just not there for search campaign promoting apps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd like to tell you that auction insight report is there but you can't just see any relevant data.