AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Assign Location Extensions by Campaign, not Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a management company that runs multiple business in the same industry. Different names/owners, different locations, different websites. While they target similar keywords, these are unique sites and businesses, so I don't think there is a double serving concern.

When they set up their AdWords account, they set each hotel up as a Campaign, rather than setting up a separate account for each property. They prefer it this way for ease of billing, but I'm concerned this may be limiting functionality.

I've been able to set up Sitelinks Extensions at the Campaign level, but what about Location Extensions? From what I'm seeing those are at the Account level. So if I link the locations for the 5 distinct business, am I able to control which Campaign uses which extensions? I've asked that my email address be added as a manager on each of the My Business accounts. Will that be enough to let me pull them all into the account, and then will the "filters" function let me assign the correct location to the correct Campaign (company)?

The same question goes for Call Extensions, if they choose to use them.

Finally, from what I understand, the old restriction that allowed only a one-to-one linking between a unique Google Analytics account and a unique AdWords account is no longer in place, is that correct? I will be able to link the Analytics accounts of each property to the single AdWords account, yes?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Assign Location Extensions by Campaign, not Account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jordan,

Yes, by linking the My Business account and filtering locations, you can show appropriate location extensions at the campaign level.

Call extensions could be created at the campaign level.

For GA linking, you'd be able to link multiple web properties, provided the linking is done from GA firstly.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth Sridhar