AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Are sitelinks displayed if the Ad is in position 3 ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have seen sitelinks being displayed for Ads in positions 1 or 2, but never in position 3.

1) From your experience do you have a print-screen with Ads with sitelinks in position 3 ?

I am wondering if it is good to target position 3 with automated rules in this case if there can be no sitelinks displayed.

2) Also have you seen sitelinks with descriptions in positions 2 or 3 ? I have seen examples only for position 1.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Are sitelinks displayed if the Ad is in position 3 ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

Sitelinks show in position #3 all the time...maybe you're not searching enough. Smiley Happy

Never noticed descriptive sitelinks outside of top position...could be due to the fact that I've only ever seen them associated with brand terms (very high QS I assume).

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Tommy's right, sitelinks do show in position 3. Here's an example I just checked: link

Regards, Kris

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I was in the middle of a travel campaign analysis (in Hebrew) , when read this thread. Here is an example of sitelinks in all 3 positions; the ads are for "flights to London", and the sitelinks of the 3rd position takes the user to landing pages about last-minute deals for airline tickets.
chrome-extension://cpngackimfmofbokmjmljamhdncknpmg/showimage.html
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Adrian,

AS of my observation, You can have site link if your ad is on first position for top page. There are also some requirement to show your site link. i.e your keyword's quality score, the relevance of other ads on the page, the landing page of your ads and sitelinks and some more factors.

I haven't seen sitelink at second or third position. So I think, you need to bid for first position...

Thanks
Nile....

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the advice ,my dilemma has appeared since I have been reading in the forum that it is OK to have also 3rd position with the sitelinks..... here is a search term that shows me sitelinks in 2nd position "booking London" :

sitelink-2nd-position.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are definite correct Adrian. Here I have done same search and it doesn't show ads.. You can check following link for same search query....

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/3buzi/eumv

Spoiler

Anyway it's learning point for me..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

Sitelinks show in position #3 all the time...maybe you're not searching enough. Smiley Happy

Never noticed descriptive sitelinks outside of top position...could be due to the fact that I've only ever seen them associated with brand terms (very high QS I assume).

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Tommy's right, sitelinks do show in position 3. Here's an example I just checked: link

Regards, Kris

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I was in the middle of a travel campaign analysis (in Hebrew) , when read this thread. Here is an example of sitelinks in all 3 positions; the ads are for "flights to London", and the sitelinks of the 3rd position takes the user to landing pages about last-minute deals for airline tickets.
chrome-extension://cpngackimfmofbokmjmljamhdncknpmg/showimage.html
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, it must be that the advertisers here (edit: in my country) don't use sitelinks often enough since I have exhausted 15-20 search terms in search for such a miracle Smiley Happy

Thank you all for the examples

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Try 'insurance' related terms. These are some of the most expensive and competitive keywords (In the US anyways). Big $$ accounts generally aren't "missing" things like this.

-Tommy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder if this depends on locations.

It appears I have discovered an unexplored territory Smiley Happy the word insurance is translated "asigurare" in our country.

If I search for insurance it redirects me to local google.ro with no ads, probably due to location exclusion.

So for our insurance industry whoever manages the accounts , apparently only 2 have heard of any extensions yet, not even location or phone extensions for the other ads.

asigurari.png