AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Are re-marketing campaigns based on organic or paid searches?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, if I set up a remarketing campaign for the display network, does it remarket to visitors who came to the site through organic searches as well as paid? If it comes through organic searches, and I have a custom combination which has 'visitors of a page who visited another page' as a rule, how does it then track the organic searches when pretty much all of organic searches are now 'not set' with you being unable to see the keyword?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil T
September 2015

Re: Are re-marketing campaigns based on organic or paid searches?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi phil,

Remarketing campaign search list contains both paid and organic searches. Yes, the second question about "not set" is a valuable one. I guess you won't have a cookie with visitors that are "not set".

Siva.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil T
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi phil,

Remarketing campaign search list contains both paid and organic searches. Yes, the second question about "not set" is a valuable one. I guess you won't have a cookie with visitors that are "not set".

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just to clarify, since Google started to encrypt search queries, it does not pass the search queries to site owners; An exception is  search queries which triggered an ad.

See the following publications in 2013
http://searchengineland.com/post-prism-google-secure-searches-172487
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2296351/Goodbye-Keyword-Data-Google-Moves-Entirely-to-Secure-Se...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’