AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Are product extensions working in the UK?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Following the Google tutorial 'Add product information to your text ad' (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404200) I am not seeing the checkbox option 'Create a product listing ad' when creating an 'ad group'. Using the 'ad extension' and 'auto targets' tabs is not a problem but I can't get products to show with text ads and it looks like it is because the checkbox is unavailable.

Re: Are product extensions working in the UK?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI brightfunction

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Are you targeting "search network only"? Please see the following article, which states-

"Don't see product extensions? This feature is available only for campaigns that are opted into "Search Network only." You can switch your campaign type at any time. Keep in mind that doing so may hide or deactivate some features that affect ad serving."

setting up your product extensions campaign

Please post back and let us know if this is the issue? :-)

Kind regards

Re: Are product extensions working in the UK?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes 'search networks only' is selected with all features enabled. I'm able to set up the product ad extension and auto targeting, but just don't have the 'Add product information to your text ad' checkbox (that is shown on video tutorial) when creating the Ad Group.

Thanks.